Getting organized is never the issue—it’s staying organized. When you first move into your home or apartment, it’s likely that everything has a place. And although you have the best intentions, everything gets chaotic. Kitchens are undoubtedly one of the first rooms in a home to get cluttered. Whether your kitchen is extremely spacious or undeniably tiny, staying organized is quite the task. There’s so much more to store than utensils, dishware, and glassware. There are cutting boards, baking sheets, plastic food containers, the lids to plastic food containers (which always disappear), and many other must-have kitchen items. It’s easy to see how a kitchen can go from organized to cluttered in a hurry.
In hopes to combat the chaos, we’re giving you just what you need—15 organizational hacks. These hacks will not only transform and update your kitchen, but make your kitchen more accessible. With these tips, you’ll actually enjoy spending time in the kitchen. And the best part is that the majority of these tips are within reach. These are easy and inexpensive ways to make the most out of your space. Life just got a whole lot easier!
Did you know...
- Björk created a media sensation when she wore her iconic white swan dress to the 2001 Oscars. At the time, many derided it as hideous and a publicity stunt, but it has since gone down as one of the most memorable dresses of all time—even if it isn't exactly beloved. She says David Bowie was the inspiration behind the dress.
- After her role as First Lady came to an end, Jackie Kennedy went into the publishing business. She became an associate editor at Doubleday and worked mostly on autobiographies. In fact, she was one of two original editors for Michael Jackson's 2009 autobiography Moonwalk, a #1 New York Times bestseller.
- Paris Hilton not only lives in a mansion, she also built a doghouse mansion for her Chihuahua. It's 300 square feet and includes air conditioning and heating. It comes decked out with designer furniture, a chandelier, a pink paint job, second-floor balcony, and enclosed "yard." It's not enough for you to live in luxury. Your dog must, as well.
- Jennifer Aniston's star-defining role on friends started a hair craze in the 90s that even lasted into the early 2000s. Called "The Rachel," Aniston's shoulder-length haircut had grown-out bangs and highlights styled to perfection. A hairdresser in Detroit noted that at the peak of its popularity, 40% of her business was devoted to recreating "The Rachel." Too bad that it was notoriously difficult to maintain on your own at home.
- In the summer of 2007, Joh Hamm became a household name when Mad Men premiered to critical acclaim and strong ratings. Just over a year and a half later, Ellie Kemper stole America's hearts (and Dwight's and Andy's) when she became the new receptionist on The Office. Before they were famous, Hamm was Kemper's high school drama teacher!