Love her or hate her, one thing stays the same…Nancy Pelosi has a shocking amount of money hoarded. But how did she obtain her wealth? It’s long been speculated that politicians use their inside information to make better judgment calls for investments and financial moves. How could you not when you know so much about the economy?
People have some serious accusations against Nancy Pelosi for insider trading and shadowy dealings. With all that power and insight, there’s no telling what happens behind closed doors. Having elected officials who deal under the table leaves too much room for corruption in politics.
Without getting too political, we’re taking a deep dive into Nancy Pelosi’s wealth and discussing just how she got so rich. Obviously, we don’t have all the details about her private finances…but a lot of things are public records when you’re a civil “servant.”
Here’s how Nancy Pelosi got so filthy, stinking, rich! Take a look…maybe you’ll have a change of opinion.
Did you know...
- In February 2020, Jeff Bezos bought the most expensive property in California: a $165 million mansion. It was designed for Jack Warner (the former president of Warner Bros. entertainment company). It took a decade to construct (spanning the 1930s and 40s). It comes complete with 9 acres of Beverly Hills land, a main house, a guest house, a tennis court, a golf course, and terraces.
- Björk created a media sensation when she wore her iconic white swan dress to the 2001 Oscars. At the time, many derided it as hideous and a publicity stunt, but it has since gone down as one of the most memorable dresses of all time—even if it isn't exactly beloved. She says David Bowie was the inspiration behind the dress.
- After her role as First Lady came to an end, Jackie Kennedy went into the publishing business. She became an associate editor at Doubleday and worked mostly on autobiographies. In fact, she was one of two original editors for Michael Jackson's 2009 autobiography Moonwalk, a #1 New York Times bestseller.
- In the summer of 2007, Joh Hamm became a household name when Mad Men premiered to critical acclaim and strong ratings. Just over a year and a half later, Ellie Kemper stole America's hearts (and Dwight's and Andy's) when she became the new receptionist on The Office. Before they were famous, Hamm was Kemper's high school drama teacher!
- Jackie Kennedy is famous for redecorating and renovating the interior of the White House. Actually, on just her first day, she ordered $50,000 in changes for new rooms for the children and upgrades to the kitchen. She later hosted a tour of the White House for CBS News which was viewed by 56 million people and won her an Emmy Award.